Christmas and New Year Message to the Nation by H.E. Lt. Gen. Seretse Khama Ian Khama President of the Republic of Botswana – December 2008
source: REPUBLIC OF BOTSWANA – OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
26/12/08 – Tautona Times Holiday Special
Below please find below transcripts in English (1) and Setswana (2) of H.E. the President’s Christmas Day and New Year’s message to the nation:
1) CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR MESSAGE TO THE NATION BY H.E. LT. GEN. SERETSE KHAMA IAN KHAMA PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF BOTSWANA – DECEMBER 2008
1. Bagaetsho! As we come to the end of another eventful year, it is a pleasure for me to have this opportunity to wish each and everyone a safe and pleasant holiday season.
2. For many of us this day holds a special significance as the anniversary of the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, a pivotal event for believers that marks a transformative moment in humanity’s existence.
3. For all of us, this can also be a time of new beginnings, as we come together to enjoy an annual break from life’s routine.
4. As many of us have the pleasure of returning to our home villages; and as we find comfort and draw strength in [continue reading]